Re: How to export 3D DXF from Autocad to Staad Pro

Rajendran

sakla2005(--nospam--at)softhome.net wrote:
Dear Fellow Engineers

I have a stiffened water tank of a complicated geometry that I need to
analyse using Staad Pro. The geometry is so complicated that it will be
much faster if I can import it into staad. The architect sent me a 3D model
of the tank in Autocad. For some reason when I create a DXF file using
Autocad and try to import it in Staad using the "3D DXF import command", I
do not get anything imported in Staad except very few nodes and lines. Can
anyone help me with this problem.

Thanks

S. Shukry, Ph.D,

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp