RE: Old ASTMS

I agree local university is the best option for the actual standard.  As an ASTM Member, I am not aware of a formal document that tracks the changes to a standard (unless an appendix or annex of the standard contains some commentary).  The best approach is to review subcommittee/main committee ballots -- which should have reasons for why the standards were changed.  Unfortunately, given the time frame you are looking for, finding these ballots will likely be very difficult.  Perhaps one of your contacts in the Cement Industry would have these ballots filed away.  Or surely ASTM has records that go back this far.  But this might require a trip to Philadelphia area to do the searching yourself...   Sounds like a long and tedious project.

HTH,
Tom

From: Padmanabhan Rajendran [mailto:rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 09:38
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Old ASTMS

Local university library may be a source.

Raj

GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
Does anyone happen to know of a source of old ASTMs (preferably free ...). Or even better, something that (accurately) documents the changes.

For example, I'm looking for a copy of ASTM C 150 (cement) from the 1960s, because I want to compare it to the current version.

I think you may be able to get old versions from ASTM, but its really not worth $30 or whatever they would charge me.

Has anyone gotten old ASTM standards from ASTM?

Gail Kelley

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
* site at: http://www.seaint.org

Do you Yahoo!?