Re: Posting Live Load

richard lewis wrote:

> I am working on an addition to an existing building.  The room live load
> needs to be posted per IBC 3402.2.2.  Are there standard signs for
> posting live loads?  What are they.  What is the letter height, size,
> etc.?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rich

If this is a Texas based project, you need to download the Texas
Accessibility
Standards which is available at

http://www.license.state.tx.us/ab/abtas.htm

Page 73 has signage requirements. All non-exempt construction projects are
now
reviewed by TDLR for conformance to TAS. More information is available on
the
website.

--
Davis G. Parsons II, PE RA
a practical architectural engineer

"Education is what you get from reading the fine print;
 Experience is what you get from ignoring it."