RE: Engineering Education & Professional Practice

Dennis:

Let's set some facts straight here.

Cal Poly Pomona has a Civil Engineering Department in the School of
Engineering.  It offers a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering with General,
Environmental, and Surveying Options.  The General option is for those who
wish to emphasize structural and/or transportation aspects of Civil
Engineering.

Cal Poly Pomona also has an Architectural Department in the School of
Science.

Cal Poly Pomona does not offer Architectural Engineering.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA
Part-Time Instructor, Cal Poly Pomona

**************************

                    "Dennis Wish"
                    <dennis.wish@ve      To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    rizon.net>
                    12/12/01 02:57       cc:
                    PM
                    Please respond       Subject:     RE: Engineering Education & Professional Practice.
                    to seaint
                                                                                                                 .

Stan,
I was under the impression that both issued a degree in Architectural
Engineering, but was told recently by my students that Pomona is an
Architectural curriculum only and that SLO is and A&E degree but with
strong emphasis on Engineering. Maybe if Paul Fratessa is on this list,
he can clarify this for us. There are some others who are active and
teach at SLO who may also be of help - so please do tell us the
difference in the degree and curriculum of the two campuses.

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer

Website:
http://www.structuralist.net