Re: A few questions for those who design

Peder Golberg wrote:

. > I have a different definition.   Gunite is a copyrighted trade name from
. > the guy who invented the cement gun back in 1910.  Shotcrete term came in
. > the 1930's from the AREA (railroad engineers) folks to describe the gunite
. > process.   ACI has adopted the term "Shotcrete" (both wet or dry mixed)
. > for ALL pneumatically applied mortar or concrete back in 1966.   These
. > definitions are from an ACI 506 seminar attended last year in Portland.
. > Both wet and dry mix shotcrete has its own advantages and disadvantages.

. > Peder Golberg, PE. SE

And the latest issue of ACI's Concrete International has an extensive article
on structural shotcreting.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona